Preparing our students for the careers of their future
This workshop explores the implications of several broad and interconnected trends facing our schools. As educators, how are we responding and adapting?
- While the majority of young workers once had a good job by their late 20s, most young adults today do not reach this milestone until age 30.
- Daunting inequity persists in both education and labor markets with long term financial consequences and challenges to close the racial wealth gap.
- College enrollment continues to decrease, especially in Community Colleges. Persistence and completion rates are not rising either.
- Families are searching for multiple pathways to meaningful work.
- Employers are beginning to tear ‘the paper ceiling’ and follow skill-based hiring practices. -Unlocking mobility and equity relies on a set of durable skills and technical abilities necessary to succeed in the workplace.
Do some of these ideas resonate? Join the conversation with your peers to brainstorm, look at some data and models, and leave with ideas and next steps for your practice.
Log in to bookmark this meetup.
Christine LiangSchool District of Philadelphia
Kristin HutchinsonWorld Affairs Council of Philadelphia
Nicole NewmanAspira PA
Aaron FergusonOxnard Union High School District
Joel JohnstonCompass Academy Charter School
OGECHI ADIGWETYD-ODISO LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
Mike VollmertRio School District
Verity OlliffRio Mesa HS - Oxnard Union HSD
Sewanu VigbeTYD-ODISO Leadership Academy
Presenter ProfilesNo presenters have registered their profiles yet
Log in to post a comment.
No comments have been posted yet.